Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday musings


More brioche anyone?

I am really enjoying playing with brioche stitch.  It's challenging yet doable and results in such beautiful patterns.

The thing I'm working on now is called the Alex scarf and for this I'm using Rowan felted tweed DK in purple and beige.  The pattern involves lots of increases and decreases but is fine once you've got the pattern into your head.


My LSR (long, slow run) with Asthma today

I'd love to be writing that it was as good as last weekend but it wasn't!  Why not?  Asthma, that's why not!  I've been fine all week as the weather has been warmer but yesterday the temperature plummeted and this morning was very cold, with a biting wind.

I knew it was going to be a tough run when I got up and sounded like Darth Vader.  Even Mike noticed that my voice was very gravelly first thing.  There was no point in whingeing and feeling sorry for myself so I just had to deal with it.

This is what I looked like for most of my 15 mile run.   It may look odd but it helps warm the air before I take it into my lungs.  Of course some of the villagers commented that I looked like a highwayman or worse.



Why is it than when it's windy I always seem to be running into the wind, even when I've changed directions?  LOL!  Anyway, it was an undulating/hilly route and it took me 15 minutes longer than last week.  Never mind, it's all 'time on my feet' which is a very important part of my training

When my runs are difficult I always take more photos so here they are:

A herd of deer, startled as I ran past them
Witches' Brooms in the bare branches of Birch trees

Catkins in the hedgerow

Beautiful carvings on the Lych Gate at Beckley church

Mud pattern on a lane - a leaf, feather, stingray?






No comments: