Thursday, April 5, 2012

A shiny new pb - no fooling!

If I'd posted this on All Fools' Day you could have been forgiven for thinking that it was a joke!

My training for my 2012 challenge has been tough, especially the speedwork side, and I was bitterly disappointed that I didn't do as well as I'd expected at the Tunbridge Wells 1/2 a few weeks ago. However, on 1st April I ran the Paddock Wood 1/2 marathon, smashing the pb of 2:06:39 that I set there back in 2005 to finish in 2:00:59.

I had a big smile on my face for the whole day and we went out for a lovely meal in the evening to celebrate. It's really given me a boost and I just hope I can use this success to spur me on to a faster time at VLM in just under 3 weeks.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Hooray! Good for Susie!!
[applause]

I admire you SO much...I ran a cross-country race when I was 9 years old and that was the last time I've attempted anything over a few K!

Linda said...

Congratulations. All that hard work has paid off! You are an inspiration.