Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snow and other happenings

Last night they forecast snow to start at 10pm and so it did!

It carried on throughout the night and when we got up on Sunday morning it was a complete white-out with everywhere looking beautiful.

Looking back towards the garden from the horses field.

The oak tree looks magnificent covered in snow.








Here's Mike's footprint next to another.

Any ideas?

It's actually a rabbit track, not some gigantic clawed beastie!

When you see them hop they put their 2 front paws down almost together followed by their 2 back paws.




At the edge of the woods.













Esther all wrapped up in her snuggy rug.

Not surprisingly, the pair of them hardly ventured out all day except for a quick roll in the snow first thing.







Part of the pond all covered in a mixture of snow and ice.

The ducks have been skating!








I love seeing the snow on the wrought iron gates.











On the knitting front I am onto the button band of my Oregon cardigan so the end is in sight at last. I also started a scarf to use up some odd balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze.

I thought it would be a good project for the long train journey to Cambridge the other day when I went to talk to some of the ARUK staff.

The colours look great with my seahorse mittens but I hated the pinkness of the pink en-masse so have ripped it back and will take a different approach using the pink as a highlight colour.

The really dark purple is a beautiful colour in real life and is flecked with silver sparkly bits.

Running today was on the treadmill for obvious reasons!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Ooh, lovely! I like the blue-ness of all these photos (except the last - nice mitten!).