Monday, September 26, 2011

Sky 37



What a lovely day it was yesterday.

Apparently it's now officially an Indian Summer which seems odd as we've just celebrated the Autumn Equinox!

I was interested the read that the term originated in America as I had always assumed that it came from Britain's association with the Raj.

I love the way the setting sun looks like an eye.

This morning I went for a swim.

A local posh school is allowing local residents the use of its pool on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 7am and 8am for just £3 a session. As it is only 1.6 miles away I can run there, do some drills and then run home so it's an excellent way to stretch out my legs on a Monday morning after my long runs on a Sunday.

After I'd got over the fact that I was in there with 2 prepubescent boys and a young girl, and I was old enough to be their granny, I just got on with my kick-boarding drills. My breathing technique in the front crawl certainly needs more work though as I seem to have started holding my breath underwater and then exhaling and gulping in air every 3 or 5 strokes. This is not a good plan and results in me swallowing copious amounts of pool water!

No comments: