Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Ripple Effect


Whilst the snow covered the ground, the whole of the UK ground to a halt and we didn't receive any post for nearly 10 days.

This meant that I didn't receive my yarn orders, which in turn meant I couldn't start my crochet project.

This, in turn, meant that I rummaged around in my stash for something else to crochet and found several mohair/wool yarns to mix in with my recent sale bargains and so a ripple stitch afghan began.

See, cause and effect!

I also cast on Andrea's Shawl Ravelry link using some lovely purple mohair with a view to mixing it up with some lime green mohair left over from the Modern Quilt Wrap.

On a serious note, several knitwear designers have pledged to give a % of their pattern sales to help the aid effort in Haiti. Check out their patterns on Ravelry.

No comments: