Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year to everyone!

Wishing everyone who pops along to read about my exploits a very happy and healthy 2010.





I took this first photo to catch the moon as she was setting as it was looking absolutely wonderful. There was a blue moon last night but we didn't get to see it as it was very cloudy.




By the time I'd fed the horses the snow clouds had swept across the valley and started to deposit their magical flakes.


After lunch it was time for the first run of the year and I took the camera with me in case I spotted anything of interest for Mike. This one is a view into the woods near Strawberry Hole.

This part of the lane often appears in paintings by local artists as the light is wonderful and the colour of the tree trunks is simply beautiful.

This is a view taken from Lordine Lane. I love the undulations of the land.

My run was most enjoyable and done just for fun - no distance in mind and no speedwork. I covered about 7 miles in all which is fine at this stage in my marathon schedule.

With 17 marathons and a Guinness World Record for 'The Longest Scarf Knitted Whilst Running a Mararthon' under my belt in the past 4 years you'd think that I'd probably have had enough. Wrong! 17 is such a silly number and 20 sounds much better so here's what I have planned - a treble of marathons on consecutive weekends.

However, as usual, there's a twist: I wanted to link in with the Alzheimer's Research Trust's 'Memories Matter' campaign and so I thought about my knitting exploits and realised there was an obvious link - crochet! You see, there is a crochet stitch called a 'treble' and I will be running 3 marathons. Even better, I will be creating a series of crochet chain links, in the way that our brains make connections that are sadly damaged by dementia. QED!

The marathons I will be running are the Brighton Marathon on 18th April, the Virgin London Marathon on 25th April where I will be attempting another Guinness World Record but this time for the 'Longest Crochet Chain whilst running a marathon' and the Three Forts Marathon (which is actually an ultra marathon of 27 miles) on 3rd May.

I might need to do some serious training for that lot!

1 comment:

Jimbo said...

good luck darlin'! hope you enjoy the runs. See you in London!