Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chunky monkey

Thank goodness there's some knitting to show at last. I really can't get myself back into Oregon at all so decided to give myself a kick start by doing a quick and easy project for Mike - Morrigan, from the Rowan Country Escape book.









It's knit using Rowan Country, a chunky multicoloured wool which knits up very quickly on 9mm needles and is a simple pattern using colour and texture to create an interesting fabric.









I'm liking the effect already and Mike's going to be snug as a bug in a rug wearing this! The beauty is it's only taken me a couple of hours each evening over the last 3 days to complete the back.

Hopefully by the time I've completed it I will feel like finishing off Oregon. The trouble is I associate it with some bad stuff that happened earlier in the year and I think that's what's putting me off. Never mind, I'm sure I'll get over it sooner or later as I really can't have such a beautiful Fair Isle cardigan languishing in the UFO pile now can I?!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

You sometimes need a really fast knit to get you back on course and Morrigan looks perfect to do just that.