Sunday, October 5, 2008

Arm Warmers and Thorpe

At long last Mike has the arm-warmers I started some time last year! I'd completed one and then got bored with the other so abandoned it. I changed the colour sequence within the diamond for a bit of variety. The pattern is from Rowan Magazine 40 and is knit in Rowan Kid Classic which is really soft and warm. I finished them on Friday evening and he hasn't taken them off since!
I had loads of wool left, as is always the case with this sort of project, so I decided to whip up a Thorpe by Kirsten. It's a really easy pattern to follow and grows so quickly. I started it on Saturday and I finished it today. The only modifications I made were to add stripes (using the jogless method) and to extend the decreases on the ear flaps so that they end in a point. I then crocheted the edge using 2 yarns held together and made the plaits out of the same 2 colours.

Needless to say, Mike is delighted with it (even though he refused to model wearing it!) and I know it will become a firm favourite.

No comments: