Friday, March 7, 2008

Yummmmmmmy!

Encouraged by my eventual success with my first pair of socks (I'm just starting the toe shaping on the second one) I decided to have a go at the much talked about Monkey Socks by Cookie A. I deliberately chose a yarn colour I wouldn't usually go for (I usually steer well clear of yellow 'cos it doesn't suit my colouring) and I was a bit apprehensive about how it would look.



Well, it arrived this morning and I needn't have worried as I'm thrilled with how it looks - really Spring-like and vibrant. This was my first order from Socktopus and I must say I'm very impressed. They communicated well about the progress of my order and it arrived wrapped beautifully in this pretty paper. They even put a nice note inside and a sample bar of dark chocolate with chilli pepper (which went down rather well with my mid-morning coffee!).

I won't be starting them straight away as I need to get swatching on my big project................

3 comments:

Sneaksleep said...

Hi Susie, thanks for your note about the Autumn Rose KAL. I'm not sure why your email keeps bouncing back, but I will try to send you an invite to the KAL (I tried to add someone yesterday, though, and it didn't work, so I'm not sure if it's a Blogger problem or what).

Sneaksleep said...

Darn, I just realized I need your email address in order to invite you to the KAL. Can you try one more time to send an email to inlovewithautumnrose@gmail.com ? Thanks!

Susie Hewer said...

Thanks Sneaksleep. I've tried again - fingers crossed!