Friday, January 4, 2008

Sold out!

Drat and double drat. I finally ordered the Oregon Cardigan kit from Virtual Yarns and received an email telling me that several key colours had sold out due to high demand (presumably following its appearance in Vogue Knitting) so they had cancelled my order. The yarns are expected back in stock in April so it looks as if I may have to wait to start my big FairIsle project.

There is another option that I had considered - Autumn Rose by Eunny Yang. Maybe this is a sign and I should go for that instead. I've just ordered a shade card from Jamieson & Smith and I already have the pattern for it in Simply Shetland 4 at Tomales Bay and I love the colours and style, although I would make the neckline less plunging (excess cleavage on show is not a good look for a lady, such as me, of a 'certain age'!!!).

No running today as it's a scheduled rest day. Tinker went out briefly earlier on and came back with a vole in his mouth which he proceeded to eat. Nature in the raw! Now he's settled in my collection of coloured carrier bags under my table.

3 comments:

Marina said...

Oh man, that's disappointing!

Are you going to change the colours of Autumn Rose? Or sub it with J&S yarns?

Susie Hewer said...

Probably substitute J&S I think. The pattern calls for Jamiesons so I'm going to try them first.

TutleyMutley said...

I love fairisle knitting - used to knit it on machine as well as by hand... will be watching with interest...