Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rubbish Running!

The last couple of weeks have been quite a challenge as my heart really hasn't been in my running at all. My training has been OK, but lacklustre. Last weekend I ran a decent 10 miler on Saturday and a 20 miler on Sunday and I should have done it again this weekend. Did I? No, no, no! My head really was not in the zone, so much so that after 10 miles today I abandoned the idea and headed for home. Now, instead of tapering (that's cutting back on my mileage) ahead of the Beachy Head marathon at the end of October I shall have to do it next weekend. Hey ho.

2 comments:

TutleyMutley said...

AHA! Your human after all. (I had my suspicions!)

Susie Hewer said...

LOL Tutmuts! Congratulations to you on completing your half marathon and in a respectable time too. There are lots of wonderful races I've yet to sample in your neck of the woods. Now how about the Dartmoor Discovery next year?...........................

You must have celebrated your 50th by now as I seem to remember you said it was in September so many happy returns.