Sunday, September 16, 2007

A little bit of crochet, a fingerless mitten and an abandoned project


I've been busy playing with ideas this past week and having a rummage in my stash. I came across 2 balls of Rooster aran weight yarn that I got from Laughing Hens last year. They make a lively colour combination so I thought I'd just do a few granny squares to use them up together. Here's what I've done so far. I love doing them as a break from knitting as they work up so quickly and are easy to do whilst watching TV. Here are 3 I've completed so far and I've probably got enough yarn for a couple more. They aren't blocked yet but have quite a good shape.

I was using this book, 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans for ideas. It really is a super book and I've had it for ages and not used it. If course, now I've started I want to keep on with them so I'll have to see if I've got any more aran yarn lurking.

Here's the first of Mike's fingerless mittens. The pattern is from the Rowan magazine 40 and is for the Ana Fingerless Mittens but I have altered it slightly as they were way too long. The yarn is Rowan Kid Classic and is lovely and soft to work with and will keep him toasty warm on winter walks. I like the longer length as you can wear them scrunched up around the wrist.

Barney is lying on a project I have abandoned because I just don't like it! It was a boxy cardigan full of pattern (cable, diamonds and textured bits) but it simply doesn't show up well enough in the dark chocolate colour to justify the work so I've cut my losses and undone the 2 front pieces and given the back to Barney as a blankie for my office. He doesn't seem to care that the pattern doesn't show up!

No comments: