Sunday, December 17, 2006

That's more like it!

Well, after my disastrous run last weekend I was not looking forward to this one. I did a good 10 mile session on Saturday, half of which was in the pouring rain and felt quite positive about my planned 20 miler for Sunday. When I got up this morning I knew it was going to be OK as I felt strong and determined. Phew, what a relief! I set out just as the sun was rising and all the fields were covered in a dusting of frost. It was so beautiful and I felt privileged to be running in such a lovely place. As the fields are all really water-logged I decided to run all of it on the lanes. This meant that I had to encounter all of my demon hills as I was running loops around the village and our house. It's always funny to watch people's faces as they see me for the 3rd time.

Anyway, I managed it in 4 hours 10 minutes and was pleased with that as it was a tough route. My right quad felt a bit tight so I decided to have an ice bath to help ease it. I sat in the water wearing my hat and a fleece whilst slurping a mug of hot coffee. Heaven! My legs feel a bit stiff now but nothing too bad.

This week's mileage was 51.5. Next week will be a step-back week to recuperate. If the weather's fine I shall attempt a 5 mile run whilst knitting. That should get some strange looks!!!!!

No comments: