Thursday, December 21, 2006

Knitting Magazine Photos



Today I received a cd of photos from Anthony, the photographer from Knitting magazine. Here are a couple. As I wanted to show off my Alzheimer's Research Trust tee shirt I couldn't wear my waistcoat with the pockets in to stash my wool - I had to stuff it down the back of my leggings instead. It gives a whole new meaning to the question "does my bum look big in this?"!!!!!

I think I may need to work on my technique somewhat as I appear to have let go of one of the needles. At least I wasn't looking down at my hands. I had a very helpful idea from Susan, the Editor of knitonthenet who suggested I try knitting in the dark to make me stop looking at what I'm doing. What I've tried instead is to take my glasses off - without them or my contact lenses there's little point looking down at my knitting as I can't see it! It seems to be working as I'm not looking down as much now. I actually managed a 4 mile run whilst doing it earlier in the week. I did get some very strange looks though as you can imagine!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, I find it hard to watch TV and knit at the same time, so well done you!! All the best with the running and the marathons.

Deadly Knitshade said...

Hi Susie

I just wanted to say that I think what are doing is amazing. I am going to sponsor you right away!

I thought you might be interested in this link:
http://www.scoutsswag.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_24&products_id=82&zenid=d13b97662b7790a333f23a7ad297c3b1

It is a bag made specially for knitters on the go and clips on. I thought it would be perfect for your aim! :) It is called the GoKnit Pouch if the link doesn't work.

I am attempting to raise money for Charity by knitting too. Not just my own but as many people as I can get. My group and I are knitting four giant 16metre scarves for the Lions in Trafalgar Square. We hope to be able to raise loads.

I am a cancer survivor myself and thought I would use my knitting skills (which I learned due to being so bored at hospital) to raise some money for an important cause. Looks like you are doing the same thing. :)

I will post your blog and donation site on our board and in our weekly newsletter too.

And if in your training you happen to want to knit a bit of Lion Scarf you are more than welcome! :P

You can see all about our project at www.stitchandbitchlondon.co.uk and my blog is at http://stitchandbitchlondon.wordpress.com/ and our justgiving page is on there too so you can see how much we've raised.

Best of luck fellow charity knitter! :)

Lauren
Stitch and Bitch London
"Knit fast, purl young"